Mafia 2: Toolkit
This toolkit is for Mafia 2 and will hopefully house a lot more tools. The toolkit can already read most information but for now, has been disabled due to it not being fully tested and developed.
This toolkit includes a GameExplorer to view and unpack/pack Mafia II SDS archives, as well as "friends for life" archives which do not include a "ResourceXML" file which stopped other unpackers from working. The new SDS tool can also allow users to edit XML files, and FrameResource files. The "Material Libraries" called "defaultXX.mtl" can also be edited, allowing users to improve textures, like adding normal textures and other properties.
More tools will include: - Editing Actors
- Editing Collisions
- A full workflow from the toolkit > to 3DS Max > toolkit > Mafia 2.
- And much more
More information is here, on MafiaScene.
Please note, the model exporter is not available yet, and still in development. I've just added photos to show you the progress.
With update 1.12, the toolkit has had minor changes. This now includes the following:
- Fixed major SDS packing bug inwhich it failed to allocate resource entries correctly.
- Fixed 'Game Explorer' context showing incorrect options when an SDS archive is not selected.
- Fixed XML parsing when unpacking any SDS in the 'player' folder.
- Fixed Discord Rich Presence not showing elapsed time.
- Added a few exceptions to SDS packing.
- Fixed Animation2 file names not being packed into the SDS.
- To get started, open Mafia2Tool.ini and update your paths to your directories.
- Open Mafia2Tool. You should see an explorer, with a tree view on the side. Click any folders to load them.
- To unpack and SDS, double click on a file with the extension ".sds" or "SDS Archive".
- When unpacking, the folder "extracted" is built which will contain the unpacked SDS.
- To pack, right click on the sds, and click "pack".
- When packing, the old sds is backup up, and the selected SDS will be overwritten.
- To load the FrameResource editor, double click on the file "FrameResource_XX.fr".
- To load the Material editor, double click on any ".MTL" or "Material Library file.