Still Gaming Desktop Shopping ($700-ish range)…

Download Mods for the Mafia Games Forums Off Topic Still Gaming Desktop Shopping ($700-ish range)…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    breckjensen
    Participant

Hi,

I was on here before, but I had to put my plans to purchase on hold due to other expenses popping up. I’m looking to buy something this weekend. The problem is, I have no idea what I’m doing, what’s a good buy and what isn’t. I especially don’t understand processors, which ones are amazing, which ones are crap, and which ones are great steals. For example, I see something like this on sale and my first impulse is that this is exactly what I need. But then again, 3.5 GHz isn’t that great is it?

I’m looking for a rig that can play games like Witcher 3, Far Cry 3, 4, and hopefully the upcoming 5, Overwatch, Evil Within 2, Doom, etc smooth as butter and with the graphics settings on at least medium, if not high. But my max budget pre-taxes and shipping is $700, and I am not, under any circumstances, looking to build a PC and put it together myself.

So far I’ve had my eye on the PC I already linked and the Skytech Archangel, but my main concern is the processor/GPU combo. I have no idea how to look at specs and just know by reading that how well games will perform. For just a small example, I’ve always assumed that i3 processors were old and crappy and i7’s are always ideal; is that true? And how do I compare intel processors with AMD processors? What sucks, what doesn’t suck?

Can anyone give me some advice, insight, or know of any really good desktops on sale in my price range that I’ve missed?

Please help.
    Thanks!

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2353525-Still-Gaming-Desktop-Shopping-(-700-ish-range)

Turnkey Marketing Examples

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.