Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

Download Mods for the Mafia Games Forums Mod Creation Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

This topic contains 145 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  UmerF 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
  • Author

vrock_wave
    Participant

in all mods not working check keystrokes I have the latest version of the game from steam

Only functions work without bindKey
    bindKey(“i”, “game.game:GetActivePlayer():GetOwner():SetSpeed(90)”); not work
    game.game:GetActivePlayer():GetOwner():SetSpeed(90) work
    how to fix it without it do not work all the mods

Lucas Bertone
    Participant

In latest game version game crash as soon ScriptHook is loaded. Anyone thinks MAfia 3 Multiplayer should be done?

Modded Games
    Modded Games
    Participant

The new update messed up scripthook. I tried using some scripts today & game keeps crashing if I load them. Scripthook needs to be updated.

edit: Set for launcher.exe, M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe and mafia3.exe compability mode for Windows 7 and set checkbox to run it as administrator, & scripthook will work.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Modded Games Modded Games.
    Modded Games
    Modded Games
    Participant

Hey guys I made a “Repair Car Engine” mod for Mafia 3 https://mafiamods.com/mods/repair-car-engine/

To those having trouble with scripthook:

• To make scripthook work: Right-click>properties>compatibility on “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” and set compatibility mode for Windows 7 + run it as administrator (you can “change settings for all users” just in case)

vrock_wave
    Participant

Эй, ребята, я сделал “ремонт двигателя автомобиля” мод для мафии 3 https://mafiamods.com/mods/repair-car-engine/ Для тех, кто имеет проблемы с scripthook:

• Чтобы сделать scripthook работы: правой кнопкой мыши>свойства>Совместимость “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” и установите режим совместимости с Windows 7 + запустить его от имени администратора (вы можете “изменить параметры для всех пользователей” на всякий случай)

for me only works well xD

game.game:GetActivePlayer():GetOwner():SetMotorDamage(0)

it can come in handy

veh = game.game:GetActivePlayer (): GetOwner (); vachislit auto player

veh: SetDirty (0); dirt level
    veh: SetRust (0);
    veh: SetActualFuel (100); Fuel level
    veh: SetSPZText ( “Vrock”, true); sign change rooms

veh: SetColor (1, 40); cars color change
    veh: SetMotorDamage (0); engine damage level
    veh: SetCarDamage (1) the level of car body damage
    veh: SetDespawnImmunity (true); immunity

veh: Explode (); blow wheelbarrow
    game.game:GetActivePlayer():GetOwner():SetSpeed(150) set the speed for the type of nitro cars splash
    veh: SetSearchlightOn (true, true); on off the headlamp in Musar
    veh: SetBeaconLightOn (true, true); on off flasher at Musar
    veh: SetEngineOn (true, true); ON OFF Engine
    veh: SetLightState (true, true); lights on off
    veh: SetHornOn (true); the horn
    game.hud: OpenCustomizeCarMenu (true) On the menu customization cars
    hud: RadarShow (false) on off radar
    hud: SpeedometerShow (false) on off Speedometer
    hud: InfoAreaShow (false) names on off areas
    hud: BackMirrorShow (false) on off the rear-view mirror
    hud: MoneyShow (false) on off money panel
    hud: ObjectiveShow (false) on off hints tags
    hud: ActionButtonsShow (false) display on off button
    hud: MessageAreaShow (false) on off tips

game.game:GetActivePlayer (): InventoryAddMoney (5454) to add money
    game.game:ModifyGameTime(0.25, 2); slow down time
    game.game:ModifyGameTime(1.0, 1); normal flow of time
    game.game:GetActivePlayer():ActivateRagdoll(false) regdoll for Player
    Human = game.game:GetActivePlayer () to assign a variable Player
    Human: SetMaxHealth (1000) give the Player count in life or cure
    game.game:GetActivePlayer():ShowModel(false) on off models Player display
    dayTime = game.gfx: GetTime (); set the variable weather
    game.gfx: SetTime (dayTime + 1, 0.0); change the weather for one hour +
    game.gfx: SetTimeFlowSpeed ​​(1.0) transience of time of day

game.game:GetActivePlayer():InventorySetUnlimitedAmmo(true) infinite ammo on off
    game.game:GetActivePlayer().invulnerability = true god mode on off

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  vrock_wave.

psrkallez06
    Participant

I would really like to use this.. But my game closes without error when i launch it.. please help

Perkele6666
    Participant

It seems like some of the files from Faster Baby DLC are already in game files.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vladimir Shittin
    Participant

Is there a possibility to get this update to work in Mafia 3? Roll Down Windows (Lua Script)

Thanks a lot!

I’ve tried experimenting a bit with the functions from the LUA dump, but couldn’t get it to work, unless I’m doing something wrong.
    If this helps, the windows are rolled in car customization when going changing the Interior color.

Edit: Out of my own intuition, I got this to work flawlessly with Mafia 3. Just remember to update your scripthook (See: https://mega.nz/#F!PslyVbbS!oumw1WDlaHrOvzY_R0AF1Q)

Thanks again! 🙂

Regards

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Vladimir Shittin. Reason: https://mafiamods.com/mods/roll-down-windows-script/

Test2007
    Participant

Suprised there is no Waypoint:GetPos stuff in there, was hoping a teleport to waypoint would show up at some point.

wagnumpi
    Participant

Hi,

New to Mafia 3 and want to get the rear view mirror switched off but the install guide isn’t particularly clear when it comes to folder locations. Ive downloaded The script hook part and placed “Mafia3ScriptHook-master” folder in Mafia 3’s root folder but then it suggests to place the .lua file into the script folder? which folder is this exactly as I dont have any folder named just “script” within the root folder or within the “Mafia3ScriptHook-master” folder? Also, should the contents of “Mafia3ScriptHook-master” be dropped into the root folder or should they be kept within a folder like I have it currently?

I know i must be being a plonker as can’t find any better instructions anywhere else so it must be obvious but can someone please just hold my hand through this easy process?

Many thanks!

Modded Games
    Modded Games
    Participant

Hey Wagnumpi,

In order to use the rear view mirror OFF mod you’ll need to download “Script Hook” first. https://mafiamods.com/mods/mafia-3-scripthook/ After the folder “scripts” is placed at D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mafia III download this https://mafiamods.com/mods/no-rear-view-mirror-speedometer/ then place the lua file in the folder “scripts”. After that run Mafia 3 and back out the game pressing alt+tab. Go and click/run “M3ScriptHookLauncher” then go back the game. Press F1 in the game to toggle the mod. (Read the mod info for the toggle key might be F1). If scripthook keeps crashing the game then look at the directions below:

• Scripthook will keep crashing since it might NOT compatible with the newest Mafia III update, but don’t worry their is a fix
    • To make scripthook work: Right-click>properties>compatibility on “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” and set compatibility mode for Windows 7 + run it as administrator (you can “change settings for all users” just in case)
    • Mafia III not launching? Go launch the steam app then go to your Mafia III directory & click on “mafia3” to run the game
    1 user thanked author for this post.

wagnumpi
    Participant

Hey Wagnumpi, In order to use the rear view mirror OFF mod you’ll need to download “Script Hook” first. https://mafiamods.com/mods/mafia-3-scripthook/ After the folder “scripts” is placed at D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mafia III download this https://mafiamods.com/mods/no-rear-view-mirror-speedometer/ then place the lua file in the folder “scripts”. After that run Mafia 3 and back out the game pressing alt+tab. Go and click/run “M3ScriptHookLauncher” then go back the game. Press F1 in the game to toggle the mod. (Read the mod info for the toggle key might be F1). If scripthook keeps crashing the game then look at the directions below:

• Scripthook will keep crashing since it might NOT compatible with the newest Mafia III update, but don’t worry their is a fix
    • To make scripthook work: Right-click>properties>compatibility on “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” and set compatibility mode for Windows 7 + run it as administrator (you can “change settings for all users” just in case)
    • Mafia III not launching? Go launch the steam app then go to your Mafia III directory & click on “mafia3” to run the game

Thanks ever so much for a speedy reply, much appreciated. Guess I had downloaded the wrong script hook folder. Still having issues getting it to run however. I emptied the contents of the “release” folder into mafia 3’s root folder so that the script folder along with everything else is sitting in the root folder. I then followed your instructions to get it to work but it still closes the game down every time i run the script launcher. Ran it as administrator for all users, both in Win 7 and Win 8 modes but no joy (Dont know if running on a Win 10 system is an issue for it?).

As to your last bullet point are you suggesting just launching the game through steam rather than the executable in the folder and then trying the script launcher again in the same way? Unfortunately didn’t get anywhere that way either but if i’m either missing your last point or you have any other suggestions they would be highly welcomed 🙂

Modded Games
    Modded Games
    Participant

My last bullet point is there if your Mafia 3 game doesn’t even launch/start if you click the game icon on your desktop. If it happens, run Steam first then go to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mafia III and click on “mafia3” to run the game. The game should start.

Double check and make sure you followed this: Right-click>properties>compatibility on “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” and set compatibility mode for Windows 7 + run it as administrator (you can “change settings for all users” just in case). You have to do this because scripthook is outdated and will cause the game to crash every time you press F1 to load a mod. If you followed the bold statement then it should work.

1 user thanked author for this post.

wagnumpi
    Participant

My last bullet point is there if your Mafia 3 game doesn’t even launch/start if you click the game icon on your desktop. If it happens, run Steam first then go to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mafia III and click on “mafia3” to run the game. The game should start. Double check and make sure you followed this: Right-click>properties>compatibility on “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” and set compatibility mode for Windows 7 + run it as administrator (you can “change settings for all users” just in case). You have to do this because scripthook is outdated and will cause the game to crash every time you press F1 to load a mod. If you followed the bold statement then it should work.

My bad, realized I hadnt clicked “run as administrator” on the “launcher.exe” so guess that was what was getting in the way. Thanks for your patience!

wagnumpi
    Participant

My last bullet point is there if your Mafia 3 game doesn’t even launch/start if you click the game icon on your desktop. If it happens, run Steam first then go to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mafia III and click on “mafia3” to run the game. The game should start. Double check and make sure you followed this: Right-click>properties>compatibility on “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” and set compatibility mode for Windows 7 + run it as administrator (you can “change settings for all users” just in case). You have to do this because scripthook is outdated and will cause the game to crash every time you press F1 to load a mod. If you followed the bold statement then it should work.

May also be worth noting for anyone else that struggled like myself, you need to make sure you run the scripthooklauncher when your in a car. Been crashing intermittently but discovered it was due to the fact i was just running it when i started the game and i werent always in a vehicle. If on foot it quits the game…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.