Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

Download Mods for the Mafia Games Forums Mod Creation Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    herby4
    Participant

You’ve fixed it, the game doesn’t crash anymore! 😀

Thank you very much!!

digitalx
    Participant

Right downloaded the SDS tool, extracted and ran as Admin. However trying to open for example “bruno_ravine” results in an “unhandled exception”?

I did try to open the .sds file with Open Office application since that is what I found was meant to open it, or be associated with it, what can I do please?

I’ve uninstalled OpenOffice, got the blank .sds file and tried to open, still an unhandled exception. The error log is far too long and complex for me to understand.

Ekey
    Participant

I’m found interesting lua script inside scripts.sds (/scripts/common/base/game_structure_console.lua) with console commands. Here list :

1. carpls(optional – vehicle_name) : Spawn a random car in front of the player. Optional vehicle name will spawn if valid.
    2. coverage : Toggles coverage across entire map on or off
    3. datastoreexist(variable_name optional – variable_group) : Returns true/false if the datastore variable exists in variable_group (CheckPointData if nil)
    4. deldatastore(variable_name optional – variable_group) : Deletes the datastore variable value from variable_group (CheckPointData if nil)
    5. disablespawner(spawner_id) : Disables activity spawner. WARNING: If the spawner is part of active plotline it may get enabled again in the next frame
    6. enablespawner(spawner_id) : Enables activity spawner. WARNING: If the spawner is part of active plotline it may get disabled again in the next frame
    7. printspawnercounts : Prints current spawner count for activities
    8. setupspawnercounts : Sets up spawner count for activitiesforcespawner(spawner_id) : Forces activity spawner. WARNING: If the spawner is part of active plotline it may get disabled again in the next
    9. frameforceretaliation(retaliation_quest_id) : Forces retaliation event. WARNING: If the quest is part of active plotline it may get disabled again in the next
    10. frameforceroamer(roamer_quest_id) : Forces roamer event. WARNING: If the quest is part of active plotline it may get disabled again in the next frame
    11. gsinitdone : Initiates gameplay scripts in freeeride
    12. finishquest(quest_id optional – outcome_id) : Finishes an available quest. If outcome id is not present default is used
    13. getdatastore(variable_name optional – variable_group) : Prints the datastore variable value from variable_group (CheckPointData if nil) group and returns it
    14. getqueststate(quest_id) : Prints the quest state and returns its value.
    15. givemoney : Adds 1000 money to the wallet
    16. givemoneystash(amount) : Adds amount money to the stash
    17. givemoneywallet(amount) : Adds amount money to the wallet
    18. giveperks : Gives 2 perks
    19. giverelays(amount) : Gives amount of relays
    20. giverp : Give 1 Respect Points
    21. givetp : Give 1 Transmitter Points
    22. givexp : Give 1000 Experience Points
    23. goto : Teleport the player to a location or entity (if valid). Ex.: goto(-15.35 24.1 -17.6) goto(‘spawn_point_wh_01’)
    24. gotosemi : Teleport the player to a location primarily used while in a semi-truck to handle the trailer correctly. Ex.: goto(-15.35 24.1 -17.6)
    25. isquestavailable(quest_id) : Prints the boolean value
    26. isquestfinished(quest_id) : Prints the boolean value
    27. isspawnerenabled(spawner_id) : Prints boolean value
    28. list: lists all user commands available entered through Viscript or game_structure_console.lua
    29. lockquest(quest_id) : Sets available quest as unavailable without finishing it. WARNING: If the quest is part of active plotline it may get unlocked again in the next frame
    30. removemoneystash(amount) : Removes ‘amount’ money from the stash
    31. removemoneywallet(amount) : Removes ‘amount’ money from the wallet
    32. setdatastore(variable_name variable_value optional – variable_group) : Sets the value to datastore variable in variable_group (CheckPointData if group is nil) group
    33. setqueststate(quest_id state) : Sets the quest state.
    34. sgdebug : toggles Spawn Group Debug on or off
    35. sgreport : triggers a status report from all active Spawn Groups
    36. stashmoney : Places money from wallet into stash
    37. teleport(x z) : Teleports player to set coordinates
    38. time(time_h) : Sets the game time to the specified hours. 0-24 can use fractional parts of hours.
    39. unlockquest(quest_id) : Sets the quest as available. WARNING: If the quest is part of active plotline it may get locked again in the next frame
    40. usercommands : lists all user commands available through viscript or hardcoded in game_structure_console.lua
    41. usercoms : lists all user commands available through viscript or hardcoded in game_structure_console.lua
    42. sitdownplayentry(entryID character) : forces a character in a sitdown to play a specific entry
    43. sitdownsetmood(mood character) : forces a character in a sitdown to use a specific animation mood (content neutral angry)
    44. revealwiretap : Shows icons of all wiretap nodes on map
    45. installwiretap(district) : installs all wiretap nodes in the given district
    46. unlockallweapons : unlocks all weapons in the mobile store
    47. unlockallvehicles : unlocks all vehicles in the vehicle delivery service
    48. unlockallservices : unlocks all services to their highest level
    49. thermset(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for all three spokes to the value
    50. thermsetburke(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for Burke to the value
    51. thermsetcass(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for Cassandra to the value
    52. thermsetcassandra(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for Cassandra to the value
    53. thermsetvito(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for Vito to the value
    54. thermlist : List the current thermometer order

Now we need to find way for enable console 🙂

4 users thanked author for this post.
    JoshJosh
    Participant

@Ekey Nice find! Did you get that with the beta SDS Mafia 3 tool?

Also, to everyone, I made a Discord channel if you want to join and discuss about Mafia 3 modding! Developers and users are all welcome, here we can help each other out and make awesome mods.

https://discord.gg/KJ3gf8T

Ekey
    Participant

@Josh – Nope. I’m manually decompress lua chunks from sds and combine in single file. Here (Fixed Link) if you interested 🙂

JoshJosh
    Participant

@ekey Page not found 🙁 Can you take a look at the files in “Mafia III\sds_retail\tables\ingame.sds”? In Mafia 2 it had all animation names, model names, etc and some functions

Ekey
    Participant

I’m updated link, try again.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    DraconioDraconio
    Keymaster

Also, to everyone, I made a Discord channel if you want to join and discuss about Mafia 3 modding! Developers and users are all welcome, here we can help each other out and make awesome mods.

Josh, we already have a discord, just FYI. Click “Forums” and then “Chat”.

I am respectfully requesting you to shut yours down, as it will split the chat-based Mafia III modding discussion. Much appreciated!

JoshJosh
    Participant

Oh shit! My bad I will delete it.

DraconioDraconio
    Keymaster

Oh shit! My bad I will delete it.

No problem! Thanks for being willing to hang out on the discord and help out.

Budzilla
    Participant

Anyone know how to assign Numpad keys to a keybind? I’ve tried everything from Num#, NumPad#, Numpad# and every other variation.

JoshJosh
    Participant

@ekey Thank you, seems very interesting. Can you see what files are in Mafia III\sds_retail\tables\ingame.sds?

KNGR
    Participant

I’m found interesting lua script inside scripts.sds (/scripts/common/base/game_structure_console.lua) with console commands. Here list :

1. carpls(optional – vehicle_name) : Spawn a random car in front of the player. Optional vehicle name will spawn if valid.
    2. coverage : Toggles coverage across entire map on or off
    3. datastoreexist(variable_name optional – variable_group) : Returns true/false if the datastore variable exists in variable_group (CheckPointData if nil)
    4. deldatastore(variable_name optional – variable_group) : Deletes the datastore variable value from variable_group (CheckPointData if nil)
    5. disablespawner(spawner_id) : Disables activity spawner. WARNING: If the spawner is part of active plotline it may get enabled again in the next frame
    6. enablespawner(spawner_id) : Enables activity spawner. WARNING: If the spawner is part of active plotline it may get disabled again in the next frame
    7. printspawnercounts : Prints current spawner count for activities
    8. setupspawnercounts : Sets up spawner count for activitiesforcespawner(spawner_id) : Forces activity spawner. WARNING: If the spawner is part of active plotline it may get disabled again in the next
    9. frameforceretaliation(retaliation_quest_id) : Forces retaliation event. WARNING: If the quest is part of active plotline it may get disabled again in the next
    10. frameforceroamer(roamer_quest_id) : Forces roamer event. WARNING: If the quest is part of active plotline it may get disabled again in the next frame
    11. gsinitdone : Initiates gameplay scripts in freeeride
    12. finishquest(quest_id optional – outcome_id) : Finishes an available quest. If outcome id is not present default is used
    13. getdatastore(variable_name optional – variable_group) : Prints the datastore variable value from variable_group (CheckPointData if nil) group and returns it
    14. getqueststate(quest_id) : Prints the quest state and returns its value.
    15. givemoney : Adds 1000 money to the wallet
    16. givemoneystash(amount) : Adds amount money to the stash
    17. givemoneywallet(amount) : Adds amount money to the wallet
    18. giveperks : Gives 2 perks
    19. giverelays(amount) : Gives amount of relays
    20. giverp : Give 1 Respect Points
    21. givetp : Give 1 Transmitter Points
    22. givexp : Give 1000 Experience Points
    23. goto : Teleport the player to a location or entity (if valid). Ex.: goto(-15.35 24.1 -17.6) goto(‘spawn_point_wh_01’)
    24. gotosemi : Teleport the player to a location primarily used while in a semi-truck to handle the trailer correctly. Ex.: goto(-15.35 24.1 -17.6)
    25. isquestavailable(quest_id) : Prints the boolean value
    26. isquestfinished(quest_id) : Prints the boolean value
    27. isspawnerenabled(spawner_id) : Prints boolean value
    28. list: lists all user commands available entered through Viscript or game_structure_console.lua
    29. lockquest(quest_id) : Sets available quest as unavailable without finishing it. WARNING: If the quest is part of active plotline it may get unlocked again in the next frame
    30. removemoneystash(amount) : Removes ‘amount’ money from the stash
    31. removemoneywallet(amount) : Removes ‘amount’ money from the wallet
    32. setdatastore(variable_name variable_value optional – variable_group) : Sets the value to datastore variable in variable_group (CheckPointData if group is nil) group
    33. setqueststate(quest_id state) : Sets the quest state.
    34. sgdebug : toggles Spawn Group Debug on or off
    35. sgreport : triggers a status report from all active Spawn Groups
    36. stashmoney : Places money from wallet into stash
    37. teleport(x z) : Teleports player to set coordinates
    38. time(time_h) : Sets the game time to the specified hours. 0-24 can use fractional parts of hours.
    39. unlockquest(quest_id) : Sets the quest as available. WARNING: If the quest is part of active plotline it may get locked again in the next frame
    40. usercommands : lists all user commands available through viscript or hardcoded in game_structure_console.lua
    41. usercoms : lists all user commands available through viscript or hardcoded in game_structure_console.lua
    42. sitdownplayentry(entryID character) : forces a character in a sitdown to play a specific entry
    43. sitdownsetmood(mood character) : forces a character in a sitdown to use a specific animation mood (content neutral angry)
    44. revealwiretap : Shows icons of all wiretap nodes on map
    45. installwiretap(district) : installs all wiretap nodes in the given district
    46. unlockallweapons : unlocks all weapons in the mobile store
    47. unlockallvehicles : unlocks all vehicles in the vehicle delivery service
    48. unlockallservices : unlocks all services to their highest level
    49. thermset(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for all three spokes to the value
    50. thermsetburke(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for Burke to the value
    51. thermsetcass(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for Cassandra to the value
    52. thermsetcassandra(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for Cassandra to the value
    53. thermsetvito(amount) : Set the thermometer earn level for Vito to the value
    54. thermlist : List the current thermometer order

Now we need to find way for enable console ?

yeah, found them too

there are some more like:

NinjaMode
    VoodooDoll
    SkipTutorials
    MissionTextDebug
    TeleportPlayer
    GiveTransmitterPoints
    SpawnGroupDebug
    SpawnGroupReport
    GiveRespectPoints
    GiveExperience
    GiveMoney
    GiveMoneyWallet
    GiveMoneyStash
    GiveRelays
    Goto
    GotoEntity
    GotoPosition
    GotoSemiTruck
    SpawnCar
    RemoveMoneyWallet
    RemoveMoneyStash
    StashMoney
    GivePerks
    SwitchCoverage

also these seem to be configured in:

/scripts/common/base/game_structure_console.lua

also:

game.console:BindConsoleCommand(key, command)
    game.console:EnableBoundConsoleCommands()
    game.console:AreBoundConsoleCommandsEnabled()
    game.console:ToggleBoundCommands()

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey modders,

since the rest of the forum is pretty dead, i tought i could post in this thread.

basically im wondering if 2 mods are possible and if someone could make these, if it wouldn’t cost 2 much time.

• a noclip mod like in mafia II
    • a mod that changes your playermodel to vito ._.

thanks

lincoln clay
    Participant

hey modders, since the rest of the forum is pretty dead, i tought i could post in this thread. basically im wondering if 2 mods are possible and if someone could make these, if it wouldn’t cost 2 much time.

• a noclip mod like in mafia II
    • a mod that changes your playermodel to vito ._.

thanks

It should be possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 192 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.