Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

Download Mods for the Mafia Games Forums Mod Creation Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

This topic contains 184 replies, has 65 voices, and was last updated by  jehodonjohn 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 185 total)
  • Author

dirtydanisreal
    Participant
    162828 wrote:

Fucking awesome man. I cannot wait to make Mafia 3 script mods soon. Thank you for your work, I appreciate it!

Knowing YOU are going to be working on stuff here. That reassures me. All we need now is model editing.

To be honest @jedijosh920 is pretty awesome when it comes to scripts and stuffs

Yes he’s the best. He singlehandedly added the Push feature back in to GTA V. As well as having tons of amazing mods.

dirtydanisreal
    Participant

any way to make the scripthook load whenever the game does, similar to the GTAV scripthook? and any way to setup hotkeys?

MvcGyver
    Participant

I wish this Mafia 3 have the options I had Mafia 2 as fighting on the street.

KNGR
    Participant
    162849 wrote:

any way to make the scripthook load whenever the game does, similar to the GTAV scripthook? and any way to setup hotkeys?

the mafia 2 scripts used some bindKey function but that doesnt seem to work with mafia 3

dirtydanisreal
    Participant
    162858 wrote:

the mafia 2 scripts used some bindKey function but that doesnt seem to work with mafia 3

any way to make it lauch when the game does?

digitalx
    Participant

The car customization menu mod is out, How do they know the name of the object and what to put in the script? Or is that just that taken from Mafia 2? I made a hide Speedometer script that way just for trial and error.

R1-fast
    Participant

Just wanted to say thanks Barzakh and all the other folks working on this.  Cant wait to try some of the mods!

VX97
    Participant

Any idea why my game crashes when i launch M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe? I do something wrong?

ComManDerBG
    Participant

Since the rest of the forums are pretty barren i thought i might submit a quick mod request. I would super appreciate if someone could do this, assuming it is even possible. Can someone fix the AK and M16 hand placement. if you look at the right hand you can see that they are too far back causing the grip to clip pretty noticeably through the fingers, it is pretty annoying. Another small request, is it possible to add the slings from some weapons to other weapons? Thank you so much, assuming this is even possible.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  ComManDerBG.
    Josh
    Josh
    Participant

@commanderbg This isn’t possible until the SDS archives can be extracted/edited which should be soon.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Josh Josh.

ComManDerBG
    Participant
    162884 wrote:

@commanderbg This isn’t possible until the SDS archives can be extracted/edited which should be soon.

No problem! Thanks for the reply!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  ComManDerBG.

Wolfmeister101
    Participant

I really hope that a good modding scene/community can come out of this!
    The files seem to be presented in a pretty convenient way, seems like modding wont be too much of a problem once we figure out how to view and manipulate sds files and whatnot.
    I just hope the community is large enough to want to make interesting mods!
    Looking forward to seeing an HD texture project! Would be awesome to see something as big as the Witcher 3 HD reworked project! That is, if the devs don’t release an HD texture patch/setting!
    Also would definitely wanna tweak the visuals in general, fix lighting, shadows, ect, increase pedestrian count, tweak the scripts to allow for some more gameplay variety, ect.
    I can’t wait!

Barzakh
    Participant

A complete function and string dump of Mafia3’s LUA and a dump of all functions is available here:
    https://mega.nz/#F!VscigCQQ!yl3PBpGpZ075v6K5x6PICA

All lua ‘game’ classes (idk if they are called classes in Lua :D)

game.ats
    game.audio
    game.battle
    game.cameramanager
    game.capture
    game.database
    game.datastore
    game.delayed
    game.detector
    game.director
    game.entitywrapper
    game.game
    game.garage
    game.gfx
    game.hud
    game.navigation
    game.perchars
    game.physics
    game.pipcamera
    game.police
    game.racemanager
    game.radio
    game.safehouse
    game.savesystem
    game.sds
    game.servicevalidation
    game.shotmgr
    game.skipscriptscene
    game.sniperservice
    game.squealer
    game.streaming
    game.streammap
    game.tail
    game.traffic
    game.videocapture
    game.ats
    game.audio
    game.battle
    game.cameramanager
    game.capture
    game.database
    game.datastore
    game.delayed
    game.detector
    game.director
    game.entitywrapper
    game.game
    game.garage
    game.gfx
    game.hud
    game.navigation
    game.perchars
    game.physics
    game.pipcamera
    game.police
    game.racemanager
    game.radio
    game.safehouse
    game.savesystem
    game.sds
    game.servicevalidation
    game.shotmgr
    game.skipscriptscene
    game.sniperservice
    game.squealer
    game.streaming
    game.streammap
    game.tail
    game.traffic
    game.videocapture
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Barzakh.
    4 users thanked author for this post.

Wolfmeister101
    Participant

What does this mean? Can we edit textures now and stuff?

Josh
    Josh
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.