Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

Download Mods for the Mafia Games Forums Mod Creation Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    rjlogan
    Participant

I set mafia3, launcher and m3scripthook to windows 7 compatibility and run as administrator. when I try to launch scripthook, it just opens a black screen and closes immediately. what am I doing wrong?

Modded GamesModded Games
    Participant

It sounds like you’re doing everything correctly except one thing. Make sure to Run Mafia 3 the game itself before running scripthook. In the middle of the game back out and run scripthook.

Mafiamods.com IS ASS AND NOT SECURE.

Please use Nexusmods not this garbage site that doesn't allow you to unpublish mods.

Mafiamods got hacked multiple times and they didn't tell people to change their passwords.

rjlogan
    Participant

I do run the game first. I just get the black screen for a second then nothing. or sometimes it just crashes the game

JEvansJEvans
    Participant

is there any update for me? steam version mafia 3 with season pass confirmed crashing when attempting to use LUA on 29-5-2017. see no updates?

Umer
    Participant

Just started using this mod to disable the HUD in-game for screenshots and came across other useful mods like changing time of the day or manual controls over vehicle to turn on/off your engine and headlights.

Sadly, at first it was crashing whenever I’d try to load it. I changed the compatibility settings for the game’s exe as well as ScriptHook’s exe to Windows 7 and now it works but the game crashes randomly after a while. Any fix for this at all? I can see others are also running into this issue.

Ryan15342
    Participant

Not sure if i’m doing it right, but i click the script hook launcher once my game is already loaded, but my game keeps crashing for some reason.

G3N0M3
    Participant

Not sure if i’m doing it right, but i click the script hook launcher once my game is already loaded, but my game keeps crashing for some reason.

Set both MafiaIII.exe and M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe compatibility mode to run as windows 7

Play MafiaIII and when ingame (load your save) minimize your screen and double click M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe

Then go back to MafiaIII and press F1 to load your scripts

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JEvansJEvans
    Participant

Dude thanks! I was giving up hope for mafia 3 it seems its dead here but why?

G3N0M3
    Participant

Dude thanks! I was giving up hope for mafia 3 it seems its dead here but why?

The Mafia community is a shadow of its former self and the shitty quality of M3 doesn’t help attract modders from other games or bring back any who left.

It’s unfortunate because I still remember the glory days of the LH modding scene which was on par with GTA3.

JEvansJEvans
    Participant

That sucks bad man i wish more came out like an ingame trainer

Umer
    Participant

Set both MafiaIII.exe and M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe compatibility mode to run as windows 7 Play MafiaIII and when ingame (load your save) minimize your screen and double click M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe Then go back to MafiaIII and press F1 to load your scripts

I did all of that but ‘load your save’ bit, and the game crashes. I’ll try loading the save file when in game before launching ScriptHook and loading mods.
    Thank you!

Hammer315r
    Participant

Is there any way to bind a key to blinkers so you can control them? At least AI uses them so there have to be something for this…

Anyone knows about this?

JohnQShepard
    Participant

Mafia III’s current scripthook doesn’t work for me.

Modded GamesModded Games
    Participant

SDS Tools have arrived, I better see some real mods now! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5pcr1AnCX0LbVJJM0ZOM1d2Ukk/view

Please use Nexusmods not this garbage site that doesn't allow you to unpublish mods.

Mafiamods got hacked multiple times and they didn't tell people to change their passwords.

Modded GamesModded Games
    Participant

And for people trying to play Lua script mods but keep’s crashing, here’s how to fix:

-Scripthook will keep crashing since it might NOT compatible with the newest Mafia III update, but don’t worry their is a fix
    -To make scripthook work: Right-click>properties>compatibility on “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” and set compatibility mode for Windows 7 + run it as -administrator (you can “change settings for all users” just in case)
    -Mafia III not launching? Go launch the steam app then go to your Mafia III directory & click on “mafia3” to run the game

Download “Script Hook” first: https://mafiamods.com/mods/mafia-3-scripthook/ After the folder “scripts” is placed at “D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mafia III” then download your preferred lua mod & place the lua file in the folder “scripts”. After that run Mafia 3 and back out the game pressing alt+tab. Go and click/run “M3ScriptHookLauncher” then go back the game. Press F1 or whatever the mod’s description says to press. The mod should now work without immediately crashing Mafia 3,

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 192 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.