Reply To: Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

Download Mods for the Mafia Games Forums Mod Creation Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread) Reply To: Mafia 3 Modding (Mega Thread)

wagnumpi
Participant

My last bullet point is there if your Mafia 3 game doesn’t even launch/start if you click the game icon on your desktop. If it happens, run Steam first then go to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mafia III and click on “mafia3” to run the game. The game should start. Double check and make sure you followed this: Right-click>properties>compatibility on “launcher.exe”, “M3ScriptHookLauncher.exe” , “mafia3.exe” and set compatibility mode for Windows 7 + run it as administrator (you can “change settings for all users” just in case). You have to do this because scripthook is outdated and will cause the game to crash every time you press F1 to load a mod. If you followed the bold statement then it should work.

May also be worth noting for anyone else that struggled like myself, you need to make sure you run the scripthooklauncher when your in a car. Been crashing intermittently but discovered it was due to the fact i was just running it when i started the game and i werent always in a vehicle. If on foot it quits the game…